My name earnt me $60?

Gamble. A popular Google search phrase (30.1M results) and also my surname.

This blog appears high in searches for my name and has a PageRank of 2 which appears to have made advertising on this site an attractive proposition for some people.

Sadly “Gamble” also makes this site attractive for blog comment spam, although handily akismet weeds out about 99.75% of it perfectly well, the other 0.25% having to be rejected manually.

I hadn’t placed AdSense or any other kind of ads on here until recently as I really didn’t think the disruption would be worth a potential few cents a day. I haven’t exactly worked out how to make much from AdSense either.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *